cdCon Virtual Event 2021
June 23 - 24, 2021 | Virtual Event
Join Continuous Delivery leaders, industry icons, practitioners, and open source developers for a two-day virtual experience as we improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed. cdCon is the annual event by the Continuous Delivery Foundation that brings together technology teams, enterprise leadership, and open source communities to drive the future of software delivery.
This year’s sessions are designed for 3 different types of audiences':
Technology Teams: geared towards application developers, infra folks, DevOps engineers, security professionals, testers, and any other practitioners involved with delivering software.
Enterprise Leadership: for senior leaders and decision-makers from organizations interested in measuring DevOps, scaling, transformation, security, FinOps, and developer productivity.
Open Source Communities: tailored for open source core contributors and maintainers running and growing CDF projects and special interest groups, as well as folks looking to get involved with open source for the first time. This includes Jenkins, Spinnaker, Tekton, Jenkins X, and other CDF communities.
cdCon is a chance for our global community to come together to meet peers, share best practices and ideas, learn from each other, and hear about the latest trends in software delivery.
Dates to Remember:
- CFP Opens: Monday, January 11 at 12:00 am PST
- Early Bird Submission Deadline: Friday, February 19 at 11:59 PM PST *
- CFP Closes: Friday, March 5 at 11:59 PM PST
- CFP Notifications: Friday, March 26
- Schedule Announcement: Friday, April 2
- Presentation Slide Due Date: Friday, May 21
- Event Dates: Wednesday, June 23 - Thursday, June 24, 2021
* (5) CFP submissions will be selected and highlighted as Early Bird picks by the program committee from all talks submitted by the February 19 deadline. Talk submissions not selected as Early Bird picks will still be considered for the final agenda.
Suggested Topics/Track Focus:
- Continuous Delivery Ecosystem - This track spans the entire Continuous Delivery ecosystem, from workflow orchestration, configuration management, testing, security, release automation, deployment strategies, developer experience, and more.
- GitOps & Cloud Native CD - Submit to this track for talks related to continuous delivery involving containers, Kubernetes, and cloud native technologies. This includes GitOps, cloud native CD pipelines, chatops, best practices, etc.
- Advanced Delivery Techniques - For talks on the very cutting edge of continuous delivery and emerging technology, for example, progressive delivery, observability, and MLOps.
- Continuous Delivery in Action - This track is for showcasing real-world continuous delivery addressing challenges in specific domains e.g. fintech, embedded, healthcare, retail, etc. Talks may cover topics such as governance, compliance, security, etc.
- Leadership Track - Talks for leaders and decision-makers on topics such as measuring DevOps, build vs buy, scaling, culture, security, FinOps, and developer productivity.
- Community Track - There is more to open source than code contributions. This track covers topics such as growing open source project communities, diversity & inclusion, measuring community health, project roadmaps, and any other topic around sustaining open source and open source communities.
Not sure of the right track? If you aren't sure which category is the best fit for your submission, just take a guess and the program committee may change it later. There's no "wrong" type of submission and we want the conference to be appealing to a large audience. If you think your topic is interesting, there's a good chance the program committee will too!
- Jenkins X
- Other - e.g. Keptn, Flagger, Argo, Flux
For questions about the CFP system, please contact email@example.com.