Linux Foundation Mentorship Program in Response to COVID19
This program is designed to help developers with necessary skills — many of whom are first-time open source contributors — experiment, learn, and contribute effectively to open source communities.
*If you are interested in applying as a mentee, please visit the CommunityBridge website to complete the application.
The Mentorship Program will...
- Help mentees learn and enhance their technical skills, and inspire them to become long-term active contributors.
- Teach aspiring developers the open source culture and collaboration norms, and guide them to participate in an open source community more effectively by using collaboration tools and infrastructure.
- Strengthen projects and the communities that are crucial to the Linux ecosystem by improving security and quality of releases.
- Provide a skilled and diverse talented pool of prospective employees trained by experts to companies in the ecosystem of related technology.
- Add well-trained and educated diverse talent to projects, and inspire them to write code for open-source software products for the benefit of the entire community and users.
Dates to Remember:
- CFP Closes: June 2021*
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The first round of applications will be reviewed starting Monday, April 27, 2020.
- CFP Selection: CFP rolling project selection notifications starting with first round of notifications on May 18th 2020