LinuxCon ContainerCon CloudOpen China (LC3)
June 25-27, 2018 Beijing, China
At LC3, attendees can expect to collaborate, share information and learn about the newest and most interesting open source technologies, including Linux, containers, cloud technologies, networking, microservices and more; in addition to gaining insight into how to navigate and lead in the open source community.
Dates to Remember:
- CFP Opens: Monday, November 20, 2017
- CFP Closes: Sunday, March 4, 2018
- CFP Notifications: Friday, April 6, 2018
- Schedule Announcement: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Slide Due Date: Friday, June 15, 2018
- Event Dates: Monday, June 25 - Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Suggested Tracks and Topics:.
**Submissions must be in English, however if your talk is accepted, you may give your talk in English or Chinese.**
Cloud Native / Serverless / Microservices
- Cloud & Microservices
- Containers - Libraries, Runtimes, Composition
- Workload Orchestration - Mesos, Kubernetes; Distributed Services
- Serverless Computing
Infrastructure & Automation (Cloud / Cloud Native / DevOps)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Configuration Management
- Lean IT
- Moving at Cloud-speed
Artificial Intelligence & Data Analytics
- AI/ML Use Cases - Practical applications of AI and machine learning that solve real business/research problems.
- AI/ML Operations and Infrastructure - Demonstrations of how teams can design, deploy, scale, and manage AI/ML applications and workflows.
- AI/ML Frameworks/Platforms - New, updated, or extended frameworks/platforms for AI, deep learning, statistical analysis, etc.
- Big Data
IoT and M2M
- Internet of Things Operating System
- IoT and Security/Cognitive / Artificial Intelligence
- Platforms /Frameworks and Middleware for the IoT
- Architectural Interoperability in IoT Systems
- State-of-Practice, Experience Reports, Industrial Experiments, and Case Studies in the IoT
- Simulation Techniques and Tools for the IoT
- Embedded & Mobile Systems (Phones and Tablets, Automotive and Self-driving, Yocto, Wearables)
- Filesystems And Storage (Long-Term Archiving, Client-Server Filesystems, Compression, Deduplication, Distributed Storage, NVMe, etc.)
- Linux Kernel Development
- Linux On The Desktop (Porting Proprietary Software, Hardware With Linux Preinstalled, Wine and Emulators, Influencing Closed-Source Companies)
- Mission-Critical, Real-Time Operating Systems, Real-Time, and Long Life Systems
Networking & Orchestration
- Business & Architecture - High Availability + Scalability + Security
- Networking Futures - AI/ML, SDN, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Dis-aggregation, Open Hardware
- Networking for DevOps & Sysadmins; Automation, Analytics, Mobile Edge, VNF, 5G, Connected Things, NG OSS/BS, NFVI
- Cloud Networking Orchestration & Automation, Multi-cloud Architecture, CDN, OTT, Container Orchestration
- SD-WAN, IIOT, Connected Cars, Telco + IT
- Enterprise Business: SDDC, Converged Infrastructure, Workload Migration, Digital Transformation, Compliance
- Edge Computing
- Blockchain in business terms.
- How to install, contribute to and build products and services on top of the Hyperledger open source business blockchain frameworks.
- Latest news, case studies, vendor releases and applications where blockchain is uniquely adding value.
- The role blockchain will play across-industries and in the context of your existing architecture.
- How to determine if it's the right advanced technology to bring into your organization.
Innovation at Apache
- Big Data
- Web Services
- Innovation at the Incubator
- Hardening and Security
- Scaling and Performance Tuning
- New Features
- Resource Management and Scheduling
- Virtio and Vhost
- High Availability and Live Migration
- Managing KVM: Libvirt, OpenStack, oVirt, etc.
- Storage: Ceph, Gluster, SPDK, etc.
Open Source Leadership, Compliance, Strategy & Governance
- Best Practices in Open Source Development / Lessons Learned
- Contribution Policies, Promoting Your Open Source Project, Open Source Best Practices, Open Source Program Office Case Studies and Success Stories, Standards and Open Source
- Growing & Sustaining Project Communities / Metrics and Actions Taken
- Collaboration Models to Address Security Issues, Metrics for Understanding Project Health
- Automating Compliance / Gaps & Successes
- Using Trademarks in Open Communities, Working with Regulators / Regulated Industries, Working with the Government on OS, How to Incorporate SPDX Identifiers in Your Project, Legal + Compliance, Licensing + Patents, Successfully Working Upstream & Downstream
- Certifying Open Source Projects
- Security, Safety, Export, Open Source vs. Open Governance
- Business Leadership
- Cultivating Open Source Leadership, How to Run a Business that Relies on Open Source, How to Invest in Your Project’s Success, Managing Competing Corporate Interests while Driving Coherent Communities, Monetizing Open Source & Innovators Dilemma