Observability Practitioners Summit 2019
November 18, 2019 - San Diego, California
The Observability Practitioners Summit focuses on pushing the field of monitoring and observability forwards by providing a mix of high-quality talks and opportunities for discussion between the maintainers and users of tracing, metrics, logging, and alerting systems.
Talks should contain information which could be considered new or novel from the point of view of an existing observability practitioner operating a large scale distributed system
PLEASE NOTE: If you are based in China, the CFP system may lag significantly. If you are unable to submit, please email your proposal to email@example.com and we will submit the details.
The program committee currently seeks proposals for:
- Sessions (30 minutes in length)
- Panel Discussion Topics (30 minutes in length)
Dates to Remember:
- CFP Closes: Friday, August 30, 2019
- CFP Notifications: Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Schedule Announcement: Monday, September 16, 2019
- Slide Due Date: Monday, November 11, 2019
- Event Dates: Monday, November 18, 2019
- New and novel approaches to observing distributed systems.
- Deep dives into fundamental problems and limitations with existing approaches.
- Algorithms and techniques for observability at scale.
Topics to Avoid:
- Product pitches - including OSS projects.
- Introductory or high-level overviews and tutorials.
- Report backs from the field which do not contain new technical insight.
- Talks already given at mainstream tech conferences
Consider submitting talks which are more tightly focused on a particular corner of an observability problem than would normally be considered for a regular tech conference. Check out last year’s schedule for ideas.
Question on submitting a proposal? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org