Open Networking Summit Europe 2018
September 25-27, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands
ONS brings together business and technical leaders across enterprise, cloud and service providers to share learnings, highlight innovation and discuss the future of open networking and orchestration.
Dates to Remember:
- CFP Opens: Monday, November 20, 2017
- CFP Closes: Sunday, June 24, 2018
- CFP Notifications: Friday, July 27, 2018
- Schedule Announcement: Tuesday, July 31, 2018
- Slide Due Date: Monday, September 10, 2018
- Event Dates: Tuesday, September 25 - Thursday, September 27, 2018
Tracks and Suggested Topics
**Please note: The program has been updated to include project-based technical sessions**
Track 1: Networking Latest Trends
- Disaggregation of the Data Plane – Programmable Open Hardware including Silicon & White Boxes + Open Forwarding Innovations/Interfaces
- The Latest in Standards and Open Source Interworking to Drive Industry Forward
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Applied to Networking
- SD-WAN, IIOT, Data Insights, Business Intelligence
- Cloud Native, Kubernetes, and Network Automation
- Containers, Microservices, and the Service Mesh
- Blockchain & Telecom
- AI/DL/ML Impact to Networking
Track 2: Networking Business & Operations
- High Availability, Scalability, Security in Network Platforms
- Next Generation Automated Architecture (Enterprise, Carriers, Cloud)
- Business Case & ROI on Transformation, Next Gen Services Based on SDN/NFV
- Lessons Learned from Migrating/Integrating Legacy PNF/VNF/OSS/BSS to Automated Systems
- Migration of Data Center to Virtualized Software Defined Lessons and Roadmaps
- The Road to 5G deployment; POCs, Pilots, Partners, and Roll-out
Track 3: (Technical) Service Provider & Cloud Networking
- Policy, Closed Loop Automation, and Zero Touch
- Edge Computing; Requirements, Tools, and Emerging Solutions
- NFV Security
- Building High Availability in SDN/NFV Solutions
- 5G Application Use Cases; What Comes First?
- The Shift to Microservice-based VNFs
- Multi-Cloud, and the Benefits it Brings
Track 4: (Business & Architecture) Service Provider & Cloud Networking
- SDN/NFV Learnings to Date, ROI, TCO, Agility Gains, etc.
- Business Case and Strategy for 5G Workloads; IoT, VR/AR, Connected Cars, etc.
- Software Defined Packet Optical
- Mobile Edge Computing/4G Video/CDN
- Planning the Migration – Legacy Workload Migration, and Integration of New Systems with Existing Carrier OSS/BSS/FCAPS Systems
Track 5: (Technical) Enterprise IT DevOps
- Software Defined Data Center Learnings
- Cloud Networking, End to End Solution Stacks – Hypervisor or Container Based
- Container Networking and the Shift to Microservices
- Scale and Performance in SDN Deployments
- Cloud Native App Development
Track 6: (Business and Architecture) Enterprise IT (CXO/IT Architects)
- Digital Transformation – Best Practices
- Bringing DevOps to NetOps – Best Practices
- SDN, and Open Networking Case Studies; ROI, TCO, Operations Improvements, etc.
- Intent-Based Networking
- NFV for Enterprise (vE-CPE, etc.)
- Security – Evolving attack surfaces, agile attack counter-measures, etc.
- Industrial IoT, and the Smart Enterprise, Networking’s role
ONS Europe will feature 3 days of sessions, including project-based technical sessions, tutorials, workshops, keynotes and more. Please feel free to submit any topic that you feel would resonate with the audience in any of these formats. We encourage you to view the Suggested Topics tab as a starting point.