Open Source Summit Japan 2018
June 20-22, 2018 Tokyo, Japan
The Linux Foundation promotes, protects and advances Linux by marshalling the resources of its members and the open source development community to ensure Linux remains free and technically advanced.
Developers and technical users in the fields of CGroups and Linux Containers are invited to submit speaking proposals for Open Source Summit Japan.
Dates to Remember:
- CFP Opens: Monday, November 20, 2017
- CFP Closes: Sunday, March 18, 2018
- CFP Notifications: Friday, April 20, 2018
- Schedule Announcement: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- Slide Due Date: Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Event Dates: Wednesday, June 20 - Friday, June 22, 2018
Suggested Tracks and Topics:.
Cloud Native Apps/Serverless/Microservices
- Cloud & Microservices
- Containers - Libraries, Runtimes, Composition
- Workload Orchestration - Mesos, Kubernetes; Distributed Services
- Serverless Computing
Infrastructure & Automation
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Configuration Management
- Lean IT
- Moving at Cloud-speed
- AI/ML Use Cases - Practical applications of AI and machine learning that solve real business/research problems.
- AI/ML Operations and Infrastructure - Demonstrations of how teams can deploy, scale, and manage AI/ML applications and workflows.
- AI/ML Frameworks - New, updated, or extended frameworks for AI, deep learning, statistical analysis, etc.
- Big Data
- Embedded & Mobile Systems (Phones and Tablets, Automotive and Self-driving, Yocto, Wearables)
- Filesystems And Storage (Long-Term Archiving, Client-Server Filesystems, Compression, Deduplication, Distributed Storage, NVMe, etc.)
- Linux Kernel Development
- Linux On The Desktop (Porting Proprietary Software, Hardware With Linux Preinstalled, Wine and Emulators, Influencing Closed-Source Companies)
- Mission-Critical, Real-Time Operating Systems, Real-Time, and Long Life Systems
Networking & Orchestration
- Business & Architecture - High Availability + Scalability + Security
- Networking Futures - AI/ML, SDN, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Dis-aggregation, Open Hardware
- Networking for DevOps & Sysadmins; Automation, Analytics, Mobile Edge, VNF, 5G, Connected Things, NG OSS/BS, NFVI
- Cloud Networking, Orchestration & Automation, Multi-cloud Architecture, CDN, OTT, Container Orchestration
- SD-WAN, IIOT, Connected Cars, Telco + IT
- Enterprise Business; SDDC, Converged Infrastructure, Workload Migration, Digital Transformation, Compliance
- Edge Computing
- Blockchain in business terms.
- How to install, contribute to and build products and services on top of the Hyperledger open source business blockchain frameworks.
- Latest news, case studies, vendor releases and applications where blockchain is uniquely adding value.
- The role blockchain will play across-industries and in the context of your existing architecture.
- How to determine if it's the right advanced technology to bring into your organization.
Open Source Leadership, Compliance, Strategy & Governance
- Best Practices in Open Source Development / Lessons Learned
- Contribution Policies, Promoting Your Open Source Project, Open Source Best Practices, Open Source Program Office Case Studies and Success Stories, Standards and Open Source
- Growing & Sustaining Project Communities / Metrics and Actions Taken
- Collaboration Models to Address Security Issues, Metrics for Understanding Project Health
- Automating Compliance / Gaps & Successes
- Using Trademarks in Open Communities, Working with Regulators / Regulated Industries, Working with the Government on OS, How to Incorporate SPDX Identifiers in Your Project, Legal + Compliance, Licensing + Patents, Successfully Working Upstream & Downstream
- Certifying Open Source Projects
- Security, Safety, Export, Open Source vs. Open Governance
- Business Leadership
- Cultivating Open Source Leadership, How to Run a Business that Relies on Open Source, How to Invest in Your Project’s Success, Managing Competing Corporate Interests while Driving Coherent Communities, Monetizing Open Source & Innovators Dilemma